Another Stunning model of in the series of Pulsar bikes is ready to join the rivalry of the market. Mr Rajeev Bajaj officially unveiled the Super Sporty Bajaj Pulsar 200SS (SS stands for Super Sporty). It will take rivalry with Yamaha R15 and CBR. The awesome Sporty bike is going to be launched by the end of 2012. The Ex-showroom price of Pulsar 200 SS is Rs. 98,000.
Pulsar 200SS will be fully faired version of Pulsar 200NS. Bajaj auto remained silent about Pulsar 200SS but announced that the delivery of Pulsar 200NS will start by July 2012 some illustrative pictures have been presented defining 200SS but we can’t be sure about the exact model. With the power output of 23.17 PS, Pulsar 200SS will be same as that of 200NS but some mechanical changes to gearings are being done in order to increase the top speed of this fairy bike.
Full Specifications of Pulsar 200SS
- height 1165mm
- Ground clearance of 165mm.
The weight of the bike will vary from 143KG to 152 KG depending upon the engine capacity.
- 199.5CC, Triple spark, SOHC, 4-Valve Liquid Cooled Engine
- maximum power-23.17Bhp at 9500 RPM
- Maximum Torque-18.3Nm at 8000 RPM
- Bore: 72 & Stroke: 49 with a single cylinder
- Chassis Type-Pressed steel perimeter beam section frame
- Acceleration- 0-60kmph in 3.7 seconds
- Top Speed- more than 135 Kmph
Wheel & tyres
- Wide tyres with Wheel Size: 100/80 – 17, 52 P, 130/70 – 17, 61 P mm
- Tubeless tyres with 10 spoke Mag Alloy Wheels
Suspension & Safety
With advance suspension system that avoids road jerk and its large front disk brakes and rear disk brakes stops the vehicle on the spot and hence increases the level of safety in Pulsar 200SS. Switches are also at the right place to access more conveniently.
- Front suspension: 37mm Telescopic Front Fork with Antifriction Bush
- Rear suspension: Nitrox Mono Shock Absorber with piggy back gas canister
- Front brakes: 280mm Disc
- Rear brakes: 230mm Disc
Although the model of Pulsar 200SS has not been revealed publicly but it is being expected that the bike will be available in 4 different (or mixed combo) colors.
Colors: Red, Blue, Black & Yellow
- 12 litre fuel tank
- 12V & 8AH VRLA battery
- DC ignition electrical system
- Brighter headlamp-HS1 35/35W (Tail lamp-0.3/3 W, LED)
- Duel Horn
- Self Start
- Digital trip meter & Speedometer
- Analogue tachometer
- Low oil indicator
- Low battery indicator
- Stand alarm with Duel horn for extra security
Apart of that many other features like Passenger footrest, Step up seat & pass light also there with 200SS and surely, many other features will be revealed after the release of Pulsar 200SS.