How to Cure Mouth Ulcers Fast Naturally?
Mouth ulcers, also known as canker sores, can be caused by several things. Acidic food, biting the inside of your mouth, or cold weather can all cause mouth ulcers.
They are usually red, painful, and swollen. While some choose to wait out a mouth ulcer, you can make yours heal faster with these home remedies for mouth ulcers.
1.Salt Water Rinse
Saltwater is one of the most reliable home remedies for mouth ulcers. It can clean and disinfect the area, helping it heal more quickly.
- Pour 1 cup of water into a drinking glass.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Tilt your head to the side that is affected by the canker sore and pour a small amount of saltwater into your mouth.
- Swish the water around the canker sore for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Spit the water out when you are done.
- Repeat throughout the day if the pain from the canker sore returns.
The antibacterial health consequences of raw onion secure it a natural choice for mouth ulcers. While you require to consume a considerable amount of onion for it to help your mouth ulcer. Your mouth ulcer can heal in just days with this remedy.
- Cut 1 white onion in half. Peel the papery skin off the onion. Dice the onion into small pieces.
- Eat 1/2 of the entire onion, chewing it on the side that is affected by the canker sore.
- Try to repeat this every day until the mouth ulcer is gone.
- If you don’t like eating onions raw, you can also put an onion through a juicer and drink raw onion juice.
3.Baking Powder and Salt
Baking powder is excellent at cleaning and removing bacteria, while salt is a tried-and-true treatment for mouth ulcers. Together, they make one of the best home remedies for mouth ulcers.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of baking powder with 1 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl or plate.
- Get the end of a q-tip wet. Dip the wet q-tip into the baking soda and salt mixture and roll it around.
- Carefully dab the solution onto your canker sore. You can also rub the solution onto the area around the canker sore to keep it from spreading.
- Repeat once per day until the canker sore is gone.
Honey is an excellent solution for locking in moisture and helping your mouth heal.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of honey into a small bowl.
- Stir 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric into the honey until it is evenly mixed.
- Use your finger or a q-tip to pick up a bit of the honey mixture.
- Dab the honey onto the mouth ulcer.
- Repeat as needed to treat pain.
With its numerous health benefits, coconut oil is one of the newest home remedies for mouth ulcers. The fat in coconut oil helps lock in moisture, which helps the mouth heal more quickly.
- Put a small amount of coconut oil onto the tip of your finger or a q-tip.
- Cover your mouth ulcer with a thick layer of coconut oil.
- Repeat as needed throughout the day as the coconut oil disappears.
6.Milk of Magnesia and Benadryl
While no one is sure why this remedy works, it is one of the fastest-working home remedies for mouth ulcers. When applying this remedy to your mouth ulcer, be careful to not swallow it. It may numb your throat.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Milk of Magnesia with 1/2 teaspoon of Benadryl until well combined.
- Coat a q-tip in the mixture.
- Carefully dab the mixture onto your mouth ulcer.
- Do not use any more than is necessary.
7.Cayenne Pepper Tea
Many people forget about cayenne pepper being on this list of home remedies for mouth ulcers as it seems like something this spicy would make ulcers worse.
However, cayenne pepper stimulates blood flow to your stomach, increasing the number of nutrients available to your stomach lining.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the water.
- Stir to mix evenly.
- Drink hot.
You may also use cayenne pepper as a seasoning on your food to get more of its benefits.
Who knew that licorice was good for you? You can’t eat the candy to benefit from this remedy, though. Use licorice root. This is one of the only home remedies for ulcers that don’t work by decreasing stomach acid. Instead, it helps the stomach lining protect itself from acid.
- Boil 1 cup of water. Cut off 1 ounce of licorice root, slice into thin strips and add to the boiling water.
- Steep for 10 minutes. Let the mixture come to room temperature.
- Strain the licorice root out of the tea.
- Drink the tea cool throughout the day.
Do not drink more than 3 times per day, as eating too much licorice root can cause toxicity.
Slippery elm is similar to licorice in that it does not decrease the amount of acid in the stomach. Instead, it helps the mucus lining of the stomach. It can be taken in powder form, making it one of the easiest home remedies for ulcers.
- Heat 1 cup of water until slightly warm.
- Add 1 teaspoon of powdered slippery elm to the water.
- Stir until it is evenly mixed.
- It should form a slightly thick mixture.
- Drink the slippery elm mixture and repeat once per day.
Bismuth salts are one of the many minerals that can help prevent ulcers. They can kill H. pylori, which is why many conventional treatments for ulcers use bismuth salts. Take a supplement with bismuth salts to help prevent and heal ulcers.
Cabbage is one of the home remedies for ulcers that are backed up by research. Whether you mix it up in some coleslaw or eat it in a salad. Cabbage can help you get rid of an ulcer in 5 days.
Garlic is a superfood, and one of its main benefits is its natural antibacterial properties. Garlic can fight H. pylori. A common infection that can lead to the development of ulcers.
Plums are one of the many fruits that fight H. pylori, which causes most ulcers. You can get the same benefit from blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Try to eat at least 1 cup per day of these ulcer-fighting fruits.