Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
Stretch marks can affect anyone, but they are most common in pregnant women and teenagers going through growth spurts. Stretch marks can look like bright red lines or silvery-white marks.
While they do fade over time, you can learn how to get rid of stretch marks naturally. You can often use items you already have in your home to get rid of stretch marks.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a plant that is packed full of nutrients and minerals. These nutrients make it the ideal plant for treating sunburn, acne, and stretch marks. You can use bottled aloe vera gel or aloe vera juice from your plant.
How to use Aloe vera for Stretch Marks?
- Pour a small amount of aloe vera juice into your hands.
- Vigorously rub the aloe vera all over the affected area. This will stimulate blood flow to the area and promote healing.
Another great source of skin-enhancing nutrients, potatoes can speed the healing of your skin and minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
How to use potato for Stretch Marks?
- Cut a potato into large chunks.
- Run the potato through a food processor until it is slightly chunky.
- Strain the potato mixture through a cheesecloth, saving the reserved liquid.
- Rub the potato juice onto your stretch marks.
- After the juice has dried, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Save the extra potato juice and repeat it daily.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil is one of the most trusted home remedies for stretch marks. It works rapidly. Doing this once per day can cause your stretch marks to heal in just a matter of months.
How to use Castor oil for Stretch Marks?
- Put a small amount of castor oil into your hands.
- Massage the oil into your stretch marks. Don’t be too gentle. You want to really get the castor oil into the skin.
- Let the oil about 15 minutes om your skin.
- Repeat once per day.
4. Cocoa Butter
As one of the thickest lotions on the market, cocoa butter is a very popular choice for people trying to cure or prevent stretch marks. It is also very inexpensive; you can often buy a large bottle for just a few dollars.
How to use Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks?
- Put a thick dollop of cocoa butter in your hands.
- Slowly massage your stretch marks with the cocoa butter, ensuring that the entire area is coated in cocoa butter.
- Massage your skin until it absorbs the cocoa butter fully.
- Leave the area exposed until it dries.
- Repeat once every day.
5. Egg Whites
While it can take a while to get over the slimy texture of egg whites, they are an excellent tool for getting rid of stretch marks. They have a ton of protein, which your skin uses to grow and repair skin cells.
How to use Egg Whites for Stretch Marks?
- Crack 1 to 3 eggs into a bowl, depending on how much skin you need to cover. Separate the yolks and throw them away.
- Whisk the egg whites lightly to break up any clumps.
- Use your hands to massage the egg whites into your stretch marks.
- Rinse with cool water and wash your hands.
- You can repeat this up to 3 times per day.
Lemon juice is highly acidic, and it can lighten the skin when used regularly. This is ideal for bright red stretch marks. While lemon juice may not smooth out your stretch marks, it can minimize their appearance.
How to use Lemon juice for Stretch Marks?
- Pour some fresh-squeezed lemon juice into your hands.
- Gently rub the lemon juice onto your stretch marks.
- Allow the lemon juice to air dry. You do not need to rinse it off.
Tips to Prevent and Get Rid of Stretch Marks
these are the tips to prevent stretch marks:
- If you are pregnant or going through a period of significant weight gain, take preventive action. Rub your skin with cocoa butter every day after your shower to keep the skin smooth.
- Stay hydrated. If your skin is well-hydrated, it can more easily stretch and accommodate weight gain.
- Make sure to intake of protein in your diet. Your skin uses protein to repair itself, so a protein-rich diet can help you get rid of stretch marks.
- If you are pregnant, try to keep weight gain to about 1 pound per week. Rapid weight gain is more likely to cause stretch marks than gradual weight gain.